The Standard Campaigns
SU Social can also perform scheduling and publish posts to your social media accounts via campaigns. There are three different types of campaigns: Standard, Volume, and Scheduled Campaigns, and in this guide, we’ll discuss the first one which is the Standard Campaign.
When is it best to use a Standard Campaign?
The Standard Campaign is the most basic campaign type which is ideal for those who want to post at specific times every day or send unique posts per destination at a specific time. Its When to Publish tab allows you to specify when and how frequently your posts will be published on selected destinations thereby giving you more control over the publishing behavior compared to the Volume Campaign.
Go to Publisher > Campaigns, click ADD PUBLISHING CAMPAIGN, and then select ADD STANDARD CAMPAIGN to get started.
A Standard Campaign includes seven tabs:
- Overview tab
- What to Publish tab
- Where to Publish tab (more information below)
- When to Publish tab
- Drafts tab
- Posts List tab
- History tab
Creating posts in a Standard Campaign
1. Go to the What to Publish tab and you’ll see several sub-tabs: ADD POSTS, AI CONTENT, SCRAPE POSTS, RSS POSTS, MONITOR FOLDERS, CLICKABLE IMAGE POST, SHARE POST, and FLICKR POSTS.
2. Choose the posting technique you want to use. For the purposes of this guide, we will just select the ADD POSTS tab to manually create our post.
3. Enter your post message/caption in the space provided.
4. Click the camera or video icon to add an image or video to the post (optional).
5. After adding your message and image/video, you can click on the ADD TO POST LIST button and the post will be transferred to the Posts List tab where it will wait to be published. If the post is not final yet, you can also choose to ADD TO DRAFTS then it will go to the Drafts tab where you can easily edit your posts before adding them to the Posts List for final posting.
6. You may also use Add Multiple Text Posts, Add Multiple Image Posts, Import Text Posts From File, Import Posts From CSV, And Import Sell Posts From CSV which are for adding posts in bulk.
7. Before starting the campaign through the Overview tab, choose a location for your post by going to the Where to Publish tab and then choose the time it will be published by setting it on the When To Publish tab.
Standard Campaign – When to Publish tab
This is the tab responsible for how often the campaign will publish posts.
1. Publishing Timers
- SU Social will pull 5 posts from the Posts List tab and post them in accordance with the provided publishing timers for this campaign’s 5 Post list items to publish per day. You can also manually edit the timers to suit your taste because each post will have its own timer.
- The campaign will post during the hours in-between between 9:00 AM and 11:59 PM.
Ex. SU Social will publish its first post at 9:53 AM to all selected destinations and then take the second post from the Posts List tab and post it at 12:53 PM.
2. Specify posting interval for each timer – when enabled (checked), SU Social will add a posting interval for each timer and post at random times during the intervals each day.
3. Randomize publishing timers each day – If you choose this, SU Social will designate various posting times for every timer each day.
4. Randomize number of posts each day – The campaign will choose between X and Y posts per day when it is checked. It is possible to raise it daily until it reaches a maximum of Z posts per day.
5. Publish a Post List item on all selected destinations – If this option is checked, the campaign will publish the same Post List item for each of the publishing timers on all destinations that have been chosen.
There are 10 destinations and 5 publishing timers, and on each timer, the same post list item will be published on all those 10 destinations. With this, you only need at least 5 items on the Posts Lists tab. By the end of the day, a total of 50 posts (10 destinations * 5 timers) would be published by the campaign with 5 of those items being the same. Refer to the table below on how the posts will be distributed.
📌 If you wish to publish a unique/random post to a specific number of destination/s per publishing timer, you can do so by unchecking the option and specifying the number of destinations that should receive and publish a particular post.
For example, if you have 10 destinations and 5 publishing timers and each destination should get 1 unique post to publish, you need to make sure that there are at least 50 unique items on the Posts List tab (10 destinations * 5 timers * 1 unique post to publish = 50 posts per day). By the end of the day, a total of 50 unique posts would be published by the campaign. Refer to the table below on how the 50 posts will be distributed.
6. Wait around 450 seconds before publishing the same Post List item on a new destination – you can control how long the campaign will wait (in seconds) before publishing the same post on a different destination.
- If this option is left unchecked, all destinations will experience the N-second delay that you specified.
✅ Example: If you have selected two Facebook accounts each with 10 FB groups to publish to, the campaign will publish to one destination at a time, and wait 450 seconds before it starts to publish to the next destination.
- However, once this is enabled, the accounts will publish in parallel and the delay will be applied at the account level.
✅ Example: If you have selected two Facebook accounts each with 10 FB groups to publish to, the campaign can publish the posts to those two FB accounts at the same time. Once the two accounts finished publishing on one FB group, the 450 seconds wait time will start before it publishes to the next group, and so on.
7. Days of the week when to operate
- Decides which days the campaign’s posts will be published.
- To mimic more natural behavior, you can choose to randomize the days or rotate them each week. Please be aware that you cannot enable both of them at the same time because they serve different purposes.
💡 SU Social would choose the same number of days you initially chose on rotating days. You can choose to exclude weekends from the variation if you don’t want to post on Saturdays and Sundays. The selection is random.
💡 For the randomize days option, you can select between C and D selected days. The days that will be chosen will change each week, and if you don’t want to post on Saturdays and Sundays, you can choose to have weekends excluded from the variation.
8. Add random sleep time while publishing
- If you want the campaign to pause for x–y minutes after publishing in between a predetermined number of posts, enable this option.
- In order to make the posting actions seem more natural, this will give the campaign time to recover before beginning a new operation.
9. Campaign has a start/end date
- With this option, you can specify the precise day and time that your campaign will launch and end.
10. Force random timers to sync with Like Exchange sessions
- You can use this option to maximize the performance of the Like Exchange tool if the accounts listed in the campaign’s destination list are accounts that will receive likes. You can force the campaign to publish right before a new session or sessions begin and begin receiving likes.
SU Social’s Standard campaign is the first type of campaign available and is the basic one. It is a great option for users who need more control over their social media posts.