The Instagram Story Viewer Tool
It’s widely known that liking and commenting are crucial in boosting engagement on your account. If you’re aiming to further expand your account’s growth, consider viewing stories as well. Similar to the practice of returning follows or likes, setting your account to view others’ stories can catch their attention and prompt them to view your stories too.
However, because most people post videos to their stories, it can be time-consuming to watch them all, causing some to skip this technique. Fortunately, you can use the SU Social Story Viewer tool to automate this task and enjoy the benefits without having to watch others’ stories yourself.
How to access the Story Viewer?
Just go to the TOOLS view and click on your Instagram account there, then choose the Story Viewer from the list of tools we have available for Instagram accounts.
The tool consists of three tabs, Settings, Sources, and Results.
The settings tab is where you can set up your run timers and the user filters and it contains other features that we will discover in this part of the guide by going through all the settings sections.
The RUN TIMERS Section
- STATUS – This shows the status of the story viewer tool and you have The switch button that you can use to start/stop the tool.
- Wait Between X-Y minutes between each operation – This allows you to set a delay before starting the next story viewer operation.
- View between X-Y stories on each operation – This allows you to set how many stories to view on each operation.
- The Execute between HH:MM and HH:MM option allows you to set a specific time frame for the tool to view the stories.
- You can check it to add random sleep time after X-Y operations.
- The Days of the week when to operate option lets you choose the specific days of the week for the tool to view stories.
- With the option “Rotate Days”, the days you selected for the Story viewer tool to operate can be randomly rearranged each week. For instance, if you selected Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, the tool will choose a new set of three days for the next week. Additionally, you have the option to exclude weekends from the rotation if you don’t want to view stories during those days.
The VIEW STORIES LIMITS Section
- Allows you to set daily/hourly limits for viewing stories, when reached by the tool, SU Social will stop the tool for the rest of day/hour respectively.
- You can set the maximum number of stories to view per user
- This option allows you to favor sources that have a better follow back ratio
- If you want to view stories using the Embedded browser instead of the API
➡ This does not apply when using the option to view stories immediately.
- view stories that are X minutes old.
- Only view stories that have quizzes, poll, or a slider
➡ Set how many stories to view on each batch
- Use this option if you want only to extract stories and send them to other accounts to view them based on post URL source.
The USER FILTERS Section
- This is where you can set the user filters as we have for the other tools Follow, Like, Comment, and Repost, to control which users to interact with.
- Users that fail any of the checked filters will be skipped and the tool won’t view their stories.
The AFTER VIEW ACTIONS Section
This section contains a set of actions that can be made after viewing the stories.
- Option to suspend the tool when getting temporary blocked for X-Y minutes.
- An option to suspend the tool when getting “No more results found” for the sources used.
- Use this option to swipe up link after viewing the story.
- Set a reply to be sent after viewing the story
💡 When this option is enabled, you will only be able to see that you’ve replied to the story inside the Story viewer Results – See Replied Column in the results table.
💡 When using this option you can create a text of your Reply to Story message in the textbox where you can use the spin syntax option to create unique replies.
- Set the tool to Vote after viewing the story
- Skip delay set between operations when getting No more results found.
- Set the tool to Follow the user after viewing his story
- Use this option if you want to react with a like to the story viewed.
- You can also set the tool to remove automatically poor-quality sources.
Here in this tab, you will be able to add the sources you want to target, SU Social will use the sources you added to search for users to view their stories.
You can choose from the following source options:
View stories by Hashtag search by adding your target keywords. You can also choose to scrape only users that posted in the last X-Y minutes and to scrape only top-rated posts from the added hashtags.
Stories of own followings
This option will allow you to view the stories of your own followings.
Stories of followers/followings of target accounts
This option can be used if you want to set the tool to view stories of followers/followings of your target accounts, you just need to add the target account username and click on the appropriate button to target either their followers or followings.
View stories of specific users
You can use this source either to manually add usernames (one per line) or to use it combined with the Scrapper account Follow tool where the Follow tool of the Scrapper account will be used to send users to this source, the scraped users will be then added to the source automatically.
- After viewing a user’s stories, you have the option to remove them from the list.
- Additionally, if you want to immediately view the stories of users added to the list, you can select the “View stories immediately” option. This is particularly useful when sending users from the Follow tool or Send Extracted users to be viewed straight away. To activate this option, ensure that the Story viewer tool is started and that the “View Stories of Specific users” checkbox is checked. The option will bypass the Run Timers from the Settings tab and immediately run when users are added to the list. It will also function if you manually added users to the list.
- To view stories on all your other accounts or on accounts with the same tagname, you can select “View on all other accounts” or “View on accounts with the same tagname”. Once you view 100 stories on an account, all other Valid IG accounts with the “View specific users source” and “View immediately” options selected and the tool started will also see the stories.
➡ This approach can maximize the number of story views with your accounts.
- You can apply daily limits to view between X and Y stories at a time. Furthermore, there is an option to not remove the user from the list after viewing and only remove them after X cycles. You can choose how long each cycle will last in minutes. Lastly, you have the option to skip followers and choose not to view their stories.
Viewing stories using Geo Location
Useful if you want to view the stories of users that posted in locations
- Type in Select Location to get the locations that you select from.
- You can also add manually LocationIDs directly.
You have also the sources below to choose from:
- View stories for users that interacted with specific posts
You will be able to add the post URL of your target posts, the tool then will view stories of users that interacted with the added post.
- View stories of users that you followed by SU Social using the Follow tool
- You can also view specific stories by adding the post URL.
This is where you can find all the stories that your account viewed.
The tab will also have some useful options like:
- Delete All results
- Export All results
- Update Followed Back status
- View Followback Ratio
- View Followback Ratio for all Accounts
In conclusion, boosting engagement on your social media account requires consistent effort, and utilizing all available tools can help. While liking and commenting are important, it’s also worth considering viewing stories to catch your followers’ attention. However, with the sheer volume of stories, it can be time-consuming to watch them all, and this is where the SU Social Story Viewer tool comes in handy. By automating the process, you can save time and still enjoy the benefits of this technique. Remember, using all available tools and strategies can help you reach your social media goals faster.