The Instagram Mute Users tool
The strategy of following and unfollowing is widely used and often misused to grow Instagram accounts. While it can help increase your follower count, it can also make your feed chaotic and overwhelming. Have you experienced this before?
Just as we sometimes need to cut toxic people out of our lives and take a break to regroup and organize our thoughts, our Instagram feeds could benefit from a similar approach. You can give your feed a rest by muting users and hiding their stories and posts without their knowledge.
It’s important to note that muting a user is not the same as unfollowing them. You can still visit their page and view their posts even if you’ve muted them.
How to access the Mute Users tool?
To start using the tool, you can click on your account on the TOOLS View then click on Mute Users Tool from the list of tools we have for Instagram accounts.
The tool has 3 tabs, Settings, Sources, and Results and we will discover the options we have on each one of them to show you how you can use the tool.
Here in this tab, you will be able to set the run timers, mute limits, and filters.
The Run timers And Mute Limits Section
- STATUS – This shows the status of the story viewer tool and you have The switch button that you can use to start/stop the tool.
- Wait Between X-Y minutes between each operation – This allows you to set a delay before starting the next story viewer operation.
- View between X-Y stories on each operation – This allows you to set how many stories to view on each operation.
- The Execute between HH:MM and HH:MM option allows you to set a specific time frame for the tool to view the stories.
- The Days of the week when to operate option lets you choose the specific days of the week for the tool to view stories.
- With the option “Rotate Days”, the days you selected for the Story viewer tool to operate can be randomly rearranged each week. For instance, if you selected Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, the tool will choose a new set of three days for the next week. Additionally, you have the option to exclude weekends from the rotation if you don’t want to view stories during those days.
- This option will allow you to set your Mute action limits, by setting a daily/hourly limit, when reached the tool will stop for the rest of the day/hour respectively.
Mute Settings And After Mute actions
- The Mute settings section:
➡ You can select to mute only Posts or Stories or you can set it to mute All.
➡ You can also add your whitelist, users that won’t be muted. The users you add to it will be skipped by the Mute tool.
- After mute actions have the option that can allow you to suspend the tool when getting temporary blocked.
This is where you can choose which users to Mute or the sources which the tool can use to look for users to mute.
- To mute particular users, enter their valid usernames (one per line) and click the ADD USERNAMES button.
➡ You can also choose to mute them after a specified time.
➡ You also set the tool to remove the users from the list after X days. It’s useful when you add private users and you want them to be removed from the list if they never accept the request.
- When you choose the Mute users followed by SU Social source, the tool will scan the Follow Results tab and mute those users.
- Selecting Mute own followings will mute the users you follow.
This is where you can find the list of the users that the Mute tool executed, they will all be recorded in the Results table.
The results table will display some useful information like:
- Date when the user was muted
- Keyword used when searching for the user
- Username of the person you muted
- Profile link of the muted username
In conclusion, muting users on Instagram is a useful tool for those who want to take control of their feeds and avoid being overwhelmed by irrelevant or uninteresting content. By muting users, you can give your feed a much-needed break and organize your thoughts without hurting anyone’s feelings or losing valuable connections. Remember, muting is not the same as unfollowing, so you can still view a muted user’s content if you want to. Give it a try and see how it can help improve your Instagram experience!