The Instagram Follow Tool
By utilizing the Instagram Follow tool, you have the ability to automatically follow Instagram users from different sources. This feature proves beneficial when seeking to expand your reach within your particular area of focus, engage with a wider audience, and discover potential business prospects. By following Instagram users who share similar interests, you can increase the visibility of your account, particularly if you post high-quality content. This method ensures that your content does not go unnoticed.
How to access the Instagram Follow tool?
To access the Follow tool you just need to go to the TOOLS view then click on your account there, then you should be directly after that on the Follow tool Settings tab.
The Follow tool has four tabs that we will discover in this guide to show you how to set up your Follow tool.
- Settings Tab
- Sources Tab
- Results Tab
- Extracted Users Tab.
This is where you configure how the tool behaves and when it executes and it also contains a section where you can set the filters you want to be applied to users to follow.
the Settings tab has five sections, Run Timers, FOLLOW LIMITS, USER FILTERS, Extracted Users, and AFTER FOLLOW ACTIONS.
Run Timers Section:
- STATUS – This shows the status of the account and you have The switch button that you can use to start/stop the follow tool.
- Wait Between X-Y minutes between each operation – This allows you to set a delay before starting the next follow operation.
- Follow between X-Y users on each operation – This allows you to set how many users to follow on each operation.
- The Execute between HH:MM and HH:MM option allows you to set a specific time frame for the tool to carry out the follow actions.
- You can check it to add random sleep time after X-Y operations.
- Stop the tool for X minutes after Y follows – This option allows you to stop the tool for a time you can specify in minutes after doing a target number of follow actions.
- The Days of the week when to operate option lets you choose the specific days of the week for the tool to make the follow actions.
- With the option “Rotate Days”, the days you selected for the Follow tool to operate can be randomly rearranged each week. For instance, if you selected Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, the tool will choose a new set of three days for the next week. Additionally, you have the option to exclude weekends from the rotation if you don’t want to follow users during those days.
- This option allows you to increase the number of actions the tool does per operation daily until it reaches your target number of actions per operation.
- This option allows you to decrease wait time between each operation by X-Y minutes until it reaches the minimum target you want to keep between each operation.
FOLLOW LIMITS Section:
- Follow x-y per day – This allows you to set a daily limit for the Follow tool, when reached, the tool will stop automatically following until the next day, additionally, it allows you to set the daily limit to increase daily until it reaches your daily target, and this may be useful for users that want to warm up their accounts.
- Follow x-y per hour – This option allows you to set an hourly limit, it works the same as the daily limit.
- Follow x-y per Month – This option is useful when you want to set a Monthly limit for your account. This helps you control how many users your account follows each month.
- This option allows you to enable contextual actions when following users. When enabled, the tool will follow a user then it follows the rest of the users of the current operation from the current context.
💡 This works when the account is set to use the Embedded browser to follow and also when using the API (but the full emulation must be enabled to be able to follow from context when using the API).
💡 Read more about contextual actions.
- This option allows you to set Su Social to switch between the Follow and Unfollow tools based on some conditions. You need to check the option in both tools, then you start only one of them and Su Social will keep switching between the tool when needed according to your conditions on the option.
- This option is useful if you want to set the Follow tool to extract users instead of following them, when checked, the tool will extract the users it is supposed to follow and it will add them to the Extracted Users Tab.
- This option allows you to favor sources that work better for you when choosing from the Sources you added for the Follow tool.
💡It applies to Follow by hashtag, Follow followers of target accounts, Follow using Location, and Follow users that interacted with target accounts Source options.
💡When checked, Individual sources with a higher Follow Back ration will be favored.
- This option allows you to set the tool to extract all users needed on each operation before starting to follow the users.
- This option allows you to abort the scrape when the number of API calls you specified is reached. (Hover over the option to get the tooltip to get more info about how the option works).
- This option allows you to set the Follow tool to ignore users you contacted using the Contact tool when following users.
USER FILTERS Section:
- This section can be considered the “quality control” stage, where Su Social assesses all scraped users to determine whether to follow or skip them based on the options/filters you enabled/checked.
- There are various filters available, as shown in the image above, that can be used to precisely target the desired users.
- However, keep in mind that if a user fails any of the filters, they will be skipped. Consequently, strict filters may limit the number of people you can follow per operation. To counteract the impact of using strict filters, make sure to utilize as many relevant sources as possible.
Extracted Users Section:
This section is useful when you want to set the tool to automatically send the users it extracts to other accounts.
You need to check the option Automatically send scraped results to other accounts, then you need to click on ADD ACCOUNTS button to select the accounts you want to send the scraped users to.
You can send the scraped users to the Specific Users Source of the following tools:
- Own account
- Split scraped results with other accounts(use this if you want accounts to receive different scraped users)
- Like Comments
- Story Viewer
Additionally, extracted users can also be sent to:
- Contact tool (Use Extracted Users tab)
- Repost tool in Share with Specific Users instead of post on the wall
- Comment tool dynamic mentions
- Campaign Tag Users
AFTER FOLLOW ACTIONS Section:
- Upon following a user, you have the option to take further actions, such as liking and/or commenting on their latest post and sending them a direct message.
- This section also encompasses a feature that enables you to automatically accept pending follow requests (if the account that operates the Follow tool is set to Private), along with the ability to eliminate certain sources that do not meet your desired “follow back” ratio.
- Additionally, you can mute the user after following them to maintain a tidy feed.
- For an increased likelihood of receiving a follow back, you can choose to view the story of the user you just followed.
- And if you prefer to maintain a consistent number of followings, you can select to unfollow the oldest user that you followed after each new follow.
Follow Sources Tab
This is where you can add the sources from which the tool will extract and scrape the users it will follow. For each “follow” operation, Su Social will select a random source (or based on the selection rank when they have different selection ranks) from the sources you provided.
Follow user by hashtag search
Su Social has the ability to search for users who have made posts using a specific hashtag that you have specified.
- You have the option to select a time frame, X-Y minutes, to limit the search to users who have made posts within that time frame.
- Additionally, you can choose to follow users who have interacted with the hashtagged posts, as well as the followers of the users who made posts with the hashtags.
- If you only want to scrape users from the top-rated posts of the specified hashtags, you can do so.
- For multiple keywords, simply separate them using a comma, like this: cupcake, cake, cookies.
Follow by username/fullname/bio
Use this option if you want to follow users that have the keyword you added to the source option either in their username, full name or Bio section. If you want to target multiple keywords, you can add them separated by a comma.
Follow followers/followings of target account
By inputting specific usernames into this source, Su Social will target the followers and/or followings of those accounts.
- To focus on the target account’s followers, simply enter their usernames and press the Add Account Followers button to add them to the appropriate table.
- Conversely, choose Add Account Followings if you want to follow the accounts followed by the target.
- You may also opt to follow both the target account’s followers and followings.
💡You also have options that can allow you to:
- Use the list of target accounts you added to a specific account in Su Social.
- Auto-assign selection rank to added sources based on the source’s number of followers.
- Auto unselect sources that return no more results found x times.
- Option to favor recently added accounts over old sources.
Follow followers of own followers
This source can be used if you want to follow the followers of your followers
- You can set Su Social to target the most recent X followers of your friends
- Keep in mind that a random account from your followers will be selected when using this source option.
Follow followings of own followers
- Use this if you want to set Su Social to follow followings of own followers (A random following account will be chosen).
Follow Specific Users
Use this option if you want Su Social to follow specific users, all you have to do is to add the usernames or user IDs and then click on the ADD USERNAMES button.
- Allows you to set the tool to follow from the list you added in the same order they were added.
- This allows you to apply the USER FILTERS you set on the Settings Tab on the specific list you added. Users that fail one of the filters will be skipped.
- By default, when a user gets followed, it will be deleted. If you plan to follow/unfollow then follow the same users multiple times, you can check this option to keep the user on the list.
- Allows you to set the tool to follow users by userId instead of username where possible.
Follow using Geo Location
To find users who have tagged a particular location in their posts, use this source option.
Enter your desired location in the “select locations” field and select the exact location from the suggested locations based on the word you entered. By ticking the corresponding checkbox, you can add the location to the table below. If you have a list of location ids, you can manually add them to this source.
By using this source to scrape users, you can set Su Social to follow their followers. Additionally, you have the option to follow users who have interacted with posts from any of the specified locations. You can also choose to only scrape posts from the last X-Y minutes.
Follow users that interacted with posts on target accounts
Use this source option if you want Su Social to search for likers or commenters or ‘likers and commenters’ on the target account’s posts.
- You can set it to follow only those users who commented on the last X minutes or those that commented with a specific keyword as well as those that have a minimum character in their comment.
- Note that you have an option that allows you to scrape only posts that were published in the last X minutes.
💡Don’t forget to click on the ADD button to add your target accounts.
Follow users that interacted with posts on target posts
This source option is similar to the source option above, as this source allows you to add specific posts to target instead of targeting posts of specific accounts.
Follow users that tagged Specific Users
Use this source option if you want to scrape and follow users that tagged specific users on their posts.
Follow suggested users
Use this source option if what you want is to follow users suggested by Instagram.
Follow own story viewers
This can be used if you want to follow story viewers.
Follow from Explore Page
Use this option if you want to follow users from the explore page.
💡You can use the CLEAR ALL SOURCES if you want to remove all the sources you added to the account at once.
💡At the top of the Follow Sources Tab you have options to:
- Use sources added to a specific account which you can select there. Read the tooltip below to see the advantages of using this trick.
Here, you will see the users you’ve followed including the date and time they were followed.
The following additional information can also be viewed:
- Keyword: indicates the source that was used in the search for the followed user.
- Followed Back: displays “Yes” if the user followed you back, otherwise “No”.
- Unfollowed: shows “Yes” or “No” to indicate whether the user has been unfollowed after running the Unfollow tool on the account.💡 If the user was unfollowed outside Su Social, you can also update the “was unfollowed” flag via “MORE ACTIONS…” to see “Yes” in Was Unfollowed column.
- IsPrivate: indicates if the followed user is a private account. It displays “Yes” if the account is private and “No” if it is not.
- Link: provides the URL or account link of the followed user.
Extracted Users Tab
If you enable the “Send to extracted users” option in the Follow Settings tab under the Follow Limits section, any users that are scraped will be sent to the Extracted Users tab. In this tab, you will be able to see a record of all the users that have been scraped and have the option to perform further actions.
There are several options available to you from this point:
- “Extract additional user details” – This option allows you to extract more details about the user, such as their bio, whether they have a profile picture, whether they are a business account, and other similar details.
- “Also extract user engagement, average likes, average comments, and most recent post date” – This option allows you to extract additional engagement metrics for the user, such as the average number of likes and comments they receive on their posts, as well as the date of their most recent post.
- “Also extract public email, phone, and address” – This option allows you to extract public contact information for the user, such as their email address, phone number, and address.
You can choose to perform any or all of these actions depending on your needs and the information you want to extract from the scraped users.
In conclusion, the Instagram Follow tool can be an effective way to expand your reach on Instagram and interact with potential followers and customers. By automatically following users based on specific sources and filters we have that you can choose from, you can find people who share your interests and engage with them and drag more attention to your account.