The Instagram Repost tool
Introducing Su Social’s Instagram Repost Tool – a powerful tool that can help you easily grow your social media accounts by sharing your posts across multiple Instagram profiles. Unlike other social media platforms, Instagram doesn’t have a built-in feature for reposting, but with Su Social’s Repost tool, you can seamlessly share your content with your followers and groups.
In addition to the Repost tool, Su Social offers a range of other helpful tools, including Follow, Unfollow, Like, and Comment tools. These tools are designed to help you manage your Instagram accounts more efficiently and effectively, ultimately resulting in better engagement and growth. Whether you’re an influencer, marketer, or business owner, Su Social’s suite of tools can help you achieve your Instagram goals with ease.
How to access the Repost tool?
You can access the Repost tool by clicking on your account in the TOOLS view, then click on the Repost tool from the list of tools we have for Instagram accounts.
The Repost tool consists of three tabs, Settings, Sources, and Results.
The Settings tab is where you can set up your run timers to control when the tool executes and how it behaves using the filters and the other options and features that can be used to control the tool. It contains six sections and we will discover each one of them here.
The RUN TIMERS Section
- The status of the tool and a switch button to start/stop the tool.
- An option that allows you to set a delay between each operation.
- Repost between X-Y posts per operation – allows you to set how many posts to repost per operation.
- This option allows you to configure the hours when the tool should operate.
- The Days of the week when to operate option lets you choose the specific days of the week for the tool to repost posts.
- If you opt for “Rotate Days,” Su Social will randomly select a new set of days each week, using the same number of days you initially chose. You have the option to exclude weekends from the rotation if you prefer not to repost on weekends.
The REPOST LIMITS Section
- Options to set a daily/hourly limit for the Repost tool, with the option to increase daily with x-y until the tool reaches the daily/hourly target you want.
- This option is useful if you want to set the tool to only repost the most recent X posts of the users.
- Set a limit for the number of reposts per user.
- This option is useful if you want to set a scrape API limit for operations and when reached the scrape will be aborted.
The USER FILTERS Section
- Here you can set some filters on users that you will be reposting.
- You can set the tool to repost only if the user follow ratio is greater or smaller than X
- You also use the filter to check if the user has followers/followings numbers in specific ranges.
The POST FILTERS Section
Before a post is reposted, it must fulfill certain criteria. If the post does not meet any of the filters you have set, it will be disregarded. It is important to avoid using excessively strict filters as this will result in fewer outcomes.
- You have the option of reposting only certain types of content, including images, videos, a combination of images and videos, albums (which consist of multiple images), or all of the aforementioned types.
- Additionally, you can narrow down the type of posts you wish to repost by specifying the publication date, as well as the number of likes and comments received by the post.
- set the tool to only repost posts that have a specific keyword in the caption and ignore posts that have certain keywords (bad or negative keywords).
- Option to add your blacklist users that you don’t want to repost for.
You also have the post-filters below:
- Filter to not repost if post contains non-English characters.
- Filter to no repost IGTV posts, reel videos
- A filter to repost only if engagement is greater than the value you set.
- Repost based on video duration and also by view count.
The REPOST SETTINGS Section
In this part, you can find various options that can allow you to tag users, share the posts, and customize captions for the posts.
- Tag original post user — It’s not mandatory, but giving credit where it is due remains a best practice.
- Tag users mentioned in the original post caption— Use it if you want to tag users mentioned in the original post caption. If you do not want that specific user to be tagged make sure to add the usernames and make sure to click ADD BLACKLISTED USERNAMES.
- Tag specific user – Allows you to tag specific users in your post.
✅ 20 is the max number of users you can tag in addition to the tagged users of the original post.
- You can also Invite Collaborators.
- Send Posts to Campaign – When enabled, the tool will not repost your wall/story, instead, it will send the posts to the selected campaign (select the campaign where it will send the post via the Campaign drop-down option).
You can either:
- Send the posts without starting the Repost tool by using the SEND TO CAMPAIGN NOW button.
- Send the posts to the campaign per each operation by starting the repost tool.
- Unique image alteration level – To modify the image post depending on the level you choose(Low = not noticeable; Medium = hardly noticeable; Hard = slightly noticeable).
- You can set the tool to post as part of your story instead of the wall and you can set a percentage for that.
- You can set the tool to post in both wall and story
- Also if you want to post to reels, you can check the option post in Reels.
- You can also share the post with specific users instead of posting to the wall
➡ You can add the message you want to send
➡ Then add the username of the account you want to share it with.
- If the caption is empty, use the “Delete Post” option, which is useful in case Instagram doesn’t display the caption after posting.
- To automatically delete the repost after a certain period, select the “Delete Post After X Hours” option.
- If the image has an aspect ratio that Instagram doesn’t accept, you can choose the “Crop Image” option to crop it from the center instead of adding a white border.
- Select the “Choose Random Post” option to choose a post randomly from the most recent user’s posts.
- To repost the original post location, select the corresponding option.
- When the “Repost Original Video Cover” option is enabled, the repost tool uses the original video cover instead of a random one.
- If you want to change the profile picture to the image you’re reposting, select the “Change Profile Picture” option.
- The “Enable Watermark” option allows you to add watermarks to your post, whether it’s an image or text.
- To mute the sound of the reposted video, select the “Mute Videos” option.
- The “Disable Comments after Repost” option disables comments on your reposted posts.
- If you want to post an image as a 3-second video, select the “Post Image as Video” option. This is particularly useful for accounts with low trust scores, which may have their images deleted after posting.
- Hide likes and view count for the new posts.
- You can also set the tool to stop when the number of posts in the account exceeds the max limit you set.
The POST CAPTION Section
- To customize your repost, you have the option to include your own caption for the posts that will be scraped before reposting on your account. You can use multi-level spintax to add randomness to your post caption, as well as Tokens.
➡With Tokens, specific information related to the post will be substituted in place of the Token. To learn more about what information each Token will replace, simply hover your mouse over it.
When you want to post the hashtag as the first comment on your post, use the token [COMMENT] in the Post Caption Text box, just make sure that you add the said token at the end of your caption text and make it the last thing added on your post caption.
2. Use this option if you want to add alt text to the post image.
3. Use this option if you want Su Social to find words and replace them with what you set on the option.
4. You can set up a pool of hashtags and a limit that you would want Su Social to pick and add to the end of the post.
To specify the location where the Repost tool should look for posts to repost on your account, you need to click on the Repost tool tab. This process is similar to selecting sources in other Instagram tools. You simply need to choose the sources you prefer and enter the relevant details such as keywords or target accounts in the corresponding fields
- The Repost by Hashtag Search feature allows you to search for keywords in the captions of Instagram posts returned by the platform. You can use a comma as a separator for multiple keywords, for example, Cars, Stores, BMW. Additionally, you can choose to scrape posts that were posted in the last X minutes.
- With Repost on Posts of Specific Users, you can search for posts on the target accounts you have added. You can also choose the order in which the users are added to the list. For instance, on the first operation, the tool will select user1 and user2 (depending on your settings) and then user3 and user4 on the second operation, and so on.
- ➡ To save a copy of all usernames, you can click on COPY ALL USERNAMES and store it in your preferred location. If you want to split your sources with other accounts, use SPLIT ITEMS WITH SPECIFIC ACCOUNTS or click CLEAR to delete all usernames from the list.
- The Repost on Posts of Friends of Target Accounts feature lets you search for posts of followers or followings (depending on your preference) of specific usernames you add to the source.
- Repost posts you liked – An option you can enable if you want to repost posts you liked.
- Repost saved posts – Useful when you want to repost previously saved posts.
- Repost using Geo Location – Su Social will search for posts that have the locations you set.
➡ You can Select the location by ticking the checkbox of the location suggested from the drop-down option or add the locationsIDs directly.
- To repost a specific post using its URL, you can add the URL and this source will not consider the filters you have set in the Settings tab. You can either use the caption text from the Settings tab or create a new one for the repost from this particular source.
- If you want to repost posts that have tagged specific users in the photo, rather than the post caption, you can use this option.
- To repost posts where you have been tagged, you can use this source.
- You can use this option to repost content from the Instagram Explore Page, which is unique to each user and comprises posts liked by the user and those liked by people whose content the user has liked.
- To repost stories from specific users, click on the “ADD USERNAMES” button to include the usernames in the index.
You click on the CLEAR ALL SOURCES button at the bottom of the Sources Tab to clear all the sources you added at once.
Here is where you can find the results of the Repost tool, all the posts executed will be recorded in the table of the results tab.
📌 Important points to bear in mind:
- To ensure better results and variety, it’s recommended to use multiple sources for Reposting and to update them every 2-3 weeks.
- As the sources are randomly selected, you can assign a higher ‘Selection Rank’ to a specific source if you want to prioritize it or increase its chances of being chosen (up to 1000).
- If you wish to exercise more control over what gets reposted on your account, consider sending your repost to a campaign instead of reposting directly from the tool.
- Before reposting, ensure that the reposting account has a Valid status in Social Profiles and that the proxy (if applicable) connected to the account has a fast and stable connection at all times.
The Repost Tool is a powerful tool that Su Social offers to you to help you easily grow your Instagram accounts by creating content and sharing your posts across multiple Instagram profiles. Su Social also offers a range of other helpful tools, including Follow, Unfollow, Like, and Comment tools. Tools that can be of big help in managing your Instagram accounts more efficiently and effectively.