The Twitter Contact Tool
Engaging with your target audience on Twitter is crucial for boosting your account’s popularity. However, manually sending messages can be time-consuming.
That’s where SU Social’s Contact tool comes in. With this tool, you can easily send direct messages to your desired audience, saving you time and effort. Plus, the tool’s flexibility allows you to send messages to selected users and new followers, as well as automatically respond to incoming messages. This makes it an essential component of any effective social media strategy.
Using the Twitter Contact tool
To use the tool, just head to the TOOLS page and click the account you want to run the tool on, or click MORE TOOLS then go to the Contact tab.
We’ll discuss each of the 6 sub-tabs in the next section:
This is the first tab that you will see when you access the Contact tool. Generally, the main purpose of this tab is to enable you to scrape users from supported extraction links. As you can see, from the extraction box, you will see a list of sample valid extraction links.
To start extracting:
- Start with adding the extraction link in the designated box.
- Set the scroll time or the number of seconds that SU Social will scroll the page searching for users. That said, the more scroll time you use, the more users will be gathered.
- Click on the EXTRACT USERS button
- As soon as you initiate the extraction process, the link is added to the table right below the extraction box. You can see the progress or status of the extraction.
✅ You may opt to stop all ongoing extractions by clicking the STOP ONGOING EXTRACTIONS button
The Auto Extract tab works the same way as Extract Users. However, with the latter, the extraction from the link only happens once and you need to re-add the link if you want to do another round of extraction.
With Auto-Extract, you can just set it up one time and let it do the extraction automatically by:
- Add the URLs or links which you will be extracting users from. You can use the sample links from the Extract Users tab for reference.
- Schedule how often SU Social will run the extraction from the link, you can set the time and also randomize intervals daily.
- Set the number of seconds the tools will scroll the page
- Switch the tool ON.
- The index table will show you the Date, Link, Status, #Scroll Time, and #Extracted
Use Extracted Users
The third tab, Use Extracted Users, is the most important tab in the Contact tool. This is where the plan gets laid out before execution. The users collected from the Extract Users and Auto Extract tabs are recorded here.
From this tab you will be able to:
- 1. Select the users you want to send a message to, you can tick the boxes to select a specific user. You can also SELECT ALL to easily select every user on the list.
- Formulate the message you want to send. You may use the tokens specified, spin syntax, or add emojis.
- Set the additional options
- Add photos (up to 4 images on Twitter) or videos
- There is an option to send a second message after X hours that the first message was sent
- Remove selected users from the list once they are sent over to the Contact > Send Messages tab
- Ignore users who already received a message
- Automatically send a message to new users added to the top of the list
- When you have selected the users who will receive the message and are done with preparing the message that you want to send, you can go ahead and click on the ADD TO SEND MESSAGES LIST button. This will queue the messages on the Contact > Send Messages tab’s Pending Send Message List.
Send Message To New Followers
Just like it says, this tab is where you should go if you want to send a message to your new followers. It’s a good gesture to greet those new audiences, it will make them feel welcome.
To enable this feature of the Contact tool:
- Just tick the checkbox Send New Followers a Message (using the Contact Members Module)
- You can use this filter to avoid sending the message to users with whom you already had a conversation.
- Create your message. Again, you can use supported tokens, spintax, and emojis in your message
- You can include an image or a video in your message, just click on the PHOTOS or VIDEO buttons then choose the file you want to upload.
- If you wish to prioritize sending a message to new followers, just check the designated option
- Set how often SU Social will check for new followers
- If it’s the first time you are using this feature, you may want to click the EXTRACT NOW action link so it will begin extracting and it will not wait for the interval you set on item number 6.
Auto Reply To New Messages
You can use this feature to reply to messages. Please note that it will only catch messages that were received after the tool was started.
The same drill applies, to automate this option:
- Set up a time when the tool will execute the action, you can also add intervals if you want to run the tool at specific times.
- Create the message you want to send
- You can use supported tokens, spintax, and emojis in your message
- You can include an image or a video in your message, just click on the PHOTOS or VIDEO button then choose the file you want to upload.
- Schedule when SU Social would check on new messages
- When all set, you can switch the tool ON to start it. If it’s the first time you are using this feature, you may want to click the EXTRACT NOW action link so it will begin extracting and it will not wait for the interval you set on item number 5.
This is where you can control how the tool will send out messages.
- Set the interval before a new operation starts
- Set the limit for messages that will be sent per day and per hour; SU Social will select a random number between x-y that you indicate here and you can increase the number of messages that will be sent out daily until it hits your preferred maximum number of messages
- Set how many messages will be sent out per operation; the number will be randomly selected between x-y
- These are additional options that you can use:
- Use Mention instead of Direct Message – if the user does not support receiving messages from non-followers, a tweet with a mention to the user will be sent out instead of a DM
- Do not send if Direct Message is not available (account is not a follower) – the user will be skipped if the user does not support receiving messages from non-followers
- Shorten all the URLs from the messages – all URLs on your message will be shortened using the link shortener you set up under Settings > Connectivity.
- Blacklisted users – users listed here will be skipped and will not be sent messages.
- Indicate the hours to execute the tool
- Select the days of the week when the tools will send messages.
PENDING SEND MESSAGE
All users that were sent from the Extract Users, New Followers, and New Messages are added to the Pending Send Message table. From here, they will queue until they get processed.
RESULTS (SUCCESSFUL REQUESTS)
When users listed in the Pending Send Message get processed and the message is sent out, they get recorded in this table.
✅ You have the option to Export All users from the list, Import Users and Remove All users
The SU Social Contact Tool for Twitter is an efficient and convenient way to connect with a target audience on Twitter. The tool allows you to send direct messages to selected users and new followers, extract users, and automatically respond to incoming messages. The tool is easy to use, and its different tabs offer unique features that can make reaching out to your audience more effectively. SU Social provides an efficient and time-saving solution for businesses and individuals looking to enhance their social media presence.