The Facebook Finder Tool
The Finder tool is an innovative tool that allows social media marketers to find and extract niche-related groups and pages on Facebook and LinkedIn. The Group Finder Tool for Facebook is advanced compared to the Group Finder tool for LinkedIn, and it provides various filters to control the groups extracted, such as minimum and maximum number of members, open groups only, English-only groups, and more. The groups can then be sent to the Joiner tool to join automatically. The Page Finder Tool, specific to Facebook, allows users to search for niche-related pages and send them to Comment&Like, Contact tool or add them as Other pages for their profile. The article provides a comprehensive guide on how to use the Group Finder and Page Finder tools, including keyword extraction, filtering options, and how to send resulting groups to the Joiner tool.
The Finder tool is available for some social networks namely, Facebook and LinkedIn
It can be used to:
- Find and extract niche related Groups and send them to SU Social’s Group Joiner tool so you can join them on auto so you can publish your posts there in the future.
- Find and extract niche related Pages (Facebook only) and send them to SU Social’s Comment&Like tool, Contact tool or you can automatically add them as Other Pages for your Facebook profile.
The Group Finder Tool
The Group finder tool provided by SU Social for Facebook accounts is more advanced compared to the counterparts for LinkedIn and Google Plus as it boasts some additional features. However, in terms of functionality, the tool operates in a similar manner for all three platforms.
How to use the Group Finder
There are three ways to find groups: Extract From Keywords, Extract From Local Groups and Extract From URLs
Extract From Keywords
1. When searching for groups using keywords, the initial step is to input the keywords into the designated box labeled “Extract Groups that contain the following keywords.” It is possible to search using a single keyword or multiple keywords, but it is crucial to ensure that each keyword is separated by a comma to ensure proper functionality.
2. If you want to exclude groups with specific keywords in the name, simply add those keywords in the designated box for ‘Exclude Groups that contain the follow keywords’.
3. After adding the keywords, scroll down to the Group Filters section and set up filters.
✅ By setting up filters prior to starting the Finder tool, will enable you to control what groups will be extracted which results to better selection afterward
- You can choose the minimum and maximum number of members the groups you are searching for should have (to ignore it, set 0 in both fields)
- Set how many groups to extract for each keyword
- Instruct SU SOCIAL to ignore groups that you already joined or sent to Joiner/Unjoiner before
- Choose to get only open groups
- You can select to clear results for each new search as well as skip groups with non-English characters in the name (for Facebook only).
- You can also set tags for extracted groups so you can easily manage them later and set the tags to easily identify target accounts when sending groups to the Joiner tool.
4.. Once you’re satisfied with your filter, click on the EXTRACT GROUPS button and SU SOCIAL will start searching for groups and add them in the results list at the bottom of the Group finder tab.
Extract From Local Groups
With this extraction method, it’s possible to retrieve Facebook groups that are relevant to your location. You have the option to specifically extract Local Sales Groups or more general Local Groups.
Extract From URLs
By utilizing the Group Finder feature on SU Social for Facebook accounts, you have the flexibility to extract groups that are joined by your friends or other Facebook users, as long as the groups are publicly visible. Additionally, you can choose to extract groups joined by users who have liked a particular page. This tool is compatible with any Facebook URL that shows a list of groups when viewed in a web browser.
After completing the extraction process, the resulting groups will appear in a table located at the bottom of the page. The table will display the name of each group, the number of members in each group, and a corresponding link to the group.
📌 There are 4 action links next to each group on the list:
- Delete – deletes the group from the list
- Browse – opens the group in an external browser
- Browse Embedded – opens the group in an embedded browser used by that Facebook account where you are running the Finder tool on
- Copy – Copies the group’s URL so you can easily paste it whenever you need it.
How to send resulting groups to Joiner tool
- To send them to the Joiner, tick the checkbox located on the left side of the name of the group you wish to join. You can select them one by one
- Or select all groups by clicking on the SELECT ALL link
- After you have selected your preferred groups, click on EXECUTE ACTIONS ON SELECTED GROUPS drop-down menu and choose SEND SELECTED TO JOINER. All selected Groups will be sent to the Joiner tool and you can start joining them via SU SOCIAL’s Joiner tool.
✅ To send groups to the Ignore tab, simply click on SEND SELECTED TO IGNORE from the drop-down menu.
💡 For advanced selection and filtering, click on the ADVANCED SELECTION button and it will launch a smaller window where you will be able to filter them by name, the number of users and so on.
- There are a few other options such as:
– Select All – selects all groups
– Select None – deselects all groups
– Import Groups – Imports groups from your .csv files
– Remove selected – removes selected groups from the list
– Export Groups – exports groups in .csv format
– Remove Groups Joined by Other Accounts – removes all groups that have been joined by other accounts in Social Profiles
The Page Finder Tool
The Page finder tool is specific to Facebook. You can use it to search for niche related pages and send them to Comment&Like or to Contact tool or add them as Other pages for your profile.
How to use the Page Finder
- First, add the keywords that SU SOCIAL will use to search for pages in the ‘Extract the pages that contain the following keywords’ box.
- In case you want to skip pages with specific keywords, add those keywords in the ‘Exclude Pages that contain the following keywords’ box.
📌 If you want to add multiple keywords, simply separate each with a comma, otherwise they will be considered as one word only.
- You can choose the minimum and the maximum number of likes for the pages that you want to extract. To ignore the number of likes, set these values to 0.
- Set how many pages you want to extract for each keyword
- Use this option to remove all the results before starting a new search operation.
- To extract only verified pages (with blue verified badge), check ‘Extract only verified pages’ box.
- After setting up your keywords and filters, start the tool by toggling the switch to ON and SU SOCIAL will start extracting pages and add them to the results table at the bottom.
Similar to the Group finder tab, you’ll also see 4 action links next to each Page on the results table in the Page Finder tab:
- Delete – deletes the page from the list
- Browse – opens the page in an external browser
- Browse Embedded – opens the page in the embedded browser for that Facebook account
- Copy – Copy the page’s URL to easily paste it wherever you need.
- Located above the results tab, you will find a variety of options that you can utilize to perform actions on the extracted pages. These options include the ability to select all of the pages, select none of them, remove selected pages from the list, export the pages, import pages from .csv files, and add them to other pages on your Facebook profile.
✅ The options you will use most often are:
- Send selected to Facebook Comment&Like tool so you can easily like and comment on posts published by those pages
- Send selected to Contact members – in case you want to send messages to pages
- Split selected between same tag accounts – example: if you have 5 Facebook profiles using the same tag and you extracted 50 pages, after clicking this button SU SOCIAL will split the pages and send 10 pages to the Finder tool of each of the 5 profiles.
- Send selected to the same tag accounts button will simply send all extracted pages to the Finder tool of all other Facebook accounts using the same tag.
In conclusion, the Finder tool offered by SU Social is a powerful tool for social media marketers looking to find and extract niche-related groups and pages on Facebook and LinkedIn. The Group Finder tool for Facebook is more advanced than the one for LinkedIn, with various filters to control the groups extracted, including minimum and maximum number of members, open groups only, and English-only groups. The Page Finder Tool, specific to Facebook, allows users to search for niche-related pages and add them to Comment&Like, Contact tool or add them as Other pages for their profile. The article provides a comprehensive guide on how to use the Finder tool, including keyword extraction, filtering options, and sending the resulting groups to the Joiner tool. With its advanced features and user-friendly interface, the Finder tool is a valuable asset for social media marketers looking to reach and engage with their target audience.