The Linkedin Unfriend Tool
The various social media platforms have distinctive ways of categorizing your associations with other users. For instance, on Linkedin, the relationships can be friends, follower, or followings. On LinkedIn, expanding your professional network can be achieved by forming connections with other individuals.
While a vast network may seem advantageous, you may eventually discover that the content appearing on your feed is no longer aligned with your current interests. To sort this out and ensure that your feed remains relevant, manually removing connections may be a tedious task, but tools like SU Social’s LinkedIn Unfriend can simplify the process and make it easier to maintain a meaningful network.
💡 Good to know:
- The connections removed won’t be in your Contacts anymore.
- The person won’t get notified when the connection is removed.
- When you unfriend or remove a connection, all mutual recommendations and endorsements will be deleted permanently and cannot be regained if you reconnect.
How to use the LinkedIn Unfriend tool?
To access the tool, go to the TOOLS page –> click the LinkedIn account where you want to run the tool on –> Then click Unfriend
The Unfriend tool has two different tabs – Settings and Results.
The Settings tab is divided into three sections
- Run Timers
- Unfriend Settings
- Select Friends section
- The Wait between X and Y seconds before each new operation feature lets you set the number of seconds the tool should wait before doing another unfriend action.
- You can also set the number of unfriend actions to do during each operation using the Unfriend between X and Y people per operation option.
- The Execute between HH:MM and HH:MM option allows you to set the specific time frame for the tool to carry out the Unfriend actions.
- The tool can also be set to randomize these timings on a daily basis.
- The Days of the week when to operate option lets you choose the specific days of the week for the tool to do the Unfriend actions.
- The “Rotate Days” option allows the tool to cycle through the days you selected.
💡With the option “Rotate Days”, the days you selected for the Unfriend tool to operate can be randomly rearranged each week. For instance, if you selected Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, the tool will choose a new set of three days for the next week. Additionally, you have the option to exclude weekends from the rotation if you don’t want to unfriend people during those days.
Unfriend Settings section:
This section is simple. You can set a daily unfriending limit or choose no limit (0) by adjusting the maximum number of friends you want to unfriend per day. The number of friends the account has is displayed, and if it’s incorrect, you can opt to ‘Update Friends’.
Select Friends section:
In this section, you can unfriend people by checking their corresponding checkbox. You can select all or none to reset the selection.
There are also other useful options:
- A filter option for easy searching,
- A force friends update to sync your friend list,
- Export/Import options
- Ability to narrow the list by selecting non-English names.
- If you have multiple accounts with the same friends, you can add the same tagname to these accounts and select all that are friends of other accounts with the same tag.
When you unfriend someone, the action will be recorded in the Results tab. This allows you to keep track of those you have removed from your connections.
The tab includes:
- The date and time of the unfriend action,
- The name of the person you unfriended,
- Links with multiple options such as deleting the result from the list, opening the user’s profile in a browser, and copying the user’s profile URL.
- There is also a button for deleting all and exporting all results if needed.
In conclusion, building a professional network on LinkedIn is essential for career growth and development. However, as your network grows, you may find that the content appearing on your feed is no longer relevant or aligned with your current interests. To maintain a meaningful network, it’s important to regularly assess your connections and remove those that are no longer adding value.
While manually removing connections can be a tedious and time-consuming process, the SU Social LinkedIn Unfriend tool can simplify the process and make it easier to manage your connections. By using this tool in combination with other features, such as the Search and Connect or Connector tool, you can create and maintain a relevant and valuable professional network on LinkedIn.