The Linkedin Search and Connect Tool
The LinkedIn Search and Connect feature streamlines the process of expanding your network by allowing you to send connection requests to individuals that match your keyword search. This tool makes it more convenient to grow your LinkedIn connections.
You have the option to either use the Search and Connect tool to send requests directly from your search results without visiting the profile or use the Connector tool to visit the profile and send the request.
💡Keep in mind that LinkedIn places restrictions on the number of profiles you can visit, making the Search and Connect tool a valuable alternative if you are approaching your limit.
If you want the recipient to see that you viewed their profile before sending the request, the Connect tool would be the better option.
How to access the Search and Connect tool?
Click on your account on the TOOLS tab from the left Menu on SU Social, then click on your account and choose the Search And Connect Tool from the list of tools.
The tool has 3 tabs, Settings, Sources, and Results Tabs.
The Run Timers section:
- The Wait between X and Y seconds before each new operation feature allows you to set the number of seconds the tool should wait before starting the next operation.
- You can also set the number of Connect requests to be sent out during each operation using the Execute between X and Y connections per operation option.
- This option allows you to set daily/hourly limits of how many connections to be set with an option to automatically increase the value of the limit set by x-y daily until it reaches the max limit that you can set.
- The Execute between HH:MM and HH:MM option allows you to set a specific time frame for the tool to carry out the connection requests.
- The Days of the week when to operate option lets you choose the specific days of the week for the tool to send out the connection requests.
- The “Rotate Days” option allows the tool to cycle through the days you selected.
💡With the option “Rotate Days”, the days you selected for the Connector tool to operate can be randomly rearranged each week. For instance, if you selected Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, the tool will choose a new set of three days for the next week. Additionally, you have the option to exclude weekends from the rotation if you don’t want to send connection requests during those days.
The Settings section:
1 – Cancel requests if they don’t get accepted:
- This allows you to cancel requests after x days if they don’t get accepted
- You can set a delay between each operation in x-y seconds
- You can set the number of requests to cancel per operation
- You can set a daily/hourly limit for the cancel request actions.
- Finally, you can set an X pending requests to maintain.
2 – Add a custom note to connections requests:
- This allows you to add a note and send it to the user with the connection request.
- An option that allows you to shorten all the URLs from the notes.
- You can also set different notes to be sent based on tags, on The Sources tab, you can set tags for users that will be executed from the source, here you can set a note to send to those users based on the tag you specify.
3 – Scroll time when syncing requests status:
This option allows you to set the scroll time when checking the status of the requests sent.
- Keyword search, simply type in the keyword to use when looking for the user you want to connect with.
- Select the degree of connections which you will extract users from.
- Use ADD INPUT button to add the keywords, they will be displayed in the table just like the image above.
- Option to be able to adjust degrees of connection in case you missed setting it up initially, you can opt to check or uncheck the connections from here.
- You can apply available filters such as location, company, industries, schools, past companies and title to further narrow the search.
Sales navigator keyword search:
In this option you can search for sales navigator profiles using keywords, it works the same as the keyword search option we explained above, you can add the keyword and apply the filters if you want.
Sales navigator search URL:
This option allows you to add Sales navigator search URLs and the tool will visit the result page of those URLs and extract the users from it.
⭐ Add Tags: For all sources, you can add tags that will be assigned to the users that will be extracted from the sources and sent to the Extracted Users tab. These tags will be useful if you want to do more actions on the extracted users like sending them a message, and you can use the tools below to do that:
- Contact Tool – After the connection requests get accepted and the Friends list gets updated, you can send messages to users based on tags (Contact > Use Members tab > Advanced Selection > indicate the tag in Tags Filter)
- Search and Contact – In which you can use the source option ‘Connection tags’ and create a custom message for each tag which will be specific for users with that tag.
The users that the tool executed and sent the request to, will be recorded on the Results tab.
The tab also has some useful options such as:
- RESET Status – allows you to reset the status if the items on the result list
- SYNC Status – Allows you to force a sync operation to update the status of the users on the result list.
- The date and time when the connection request has been sent.
- Name of that user.
- The keyword that was used when extracting the user.
- The tag(s) associated, if any.
- Status of your connection request.
In conclusion, the SU Social LinkedIn Search and Connect tool is a valuable feature for users looking to expand their professional network. By allowing users to quickly and conveniently send connection requests to individuals that match their search criteria, this tool streamlines the process of growing one’s LinkedIn connections.
As noted, users should keep in mind that LinkedIn has restrictions on the number of profiles that can be visited, making the Search and Connect tool a valuable alternative for users who are approaching their limit.