The Facebook Bump Tool
The Bump feature provides you the capability to initiate interaction on posts you have published on Facebook groups. This can lead to an increase in visibility and participation for your post.
The Bump tool functions by adding and then removing a comment on your post, causing it to resurface at the top of the group’s feed, making it once again visible to members and increasing the chances of engagement.
The utilization of the Bump tool offers an effective method to broaden the scope of your posts or links, eliminating the need for reposting or sharing them again.
How to Add Posts to the Bump Tool
To add posts to the Bump tool, go to the History tab of your Campaign that you used for publishing on your groups:
1. You can either click on BUMP next to your posts
2. Or you can send posts to Bump tool automatically whenever they are published by checking the “Automatically send new history posts to Bump” option.
Adding Posts Manually:
Another way to add posts is by manually adding the post’s permalink.
- Go to Add Manual Bumps tab in the Bump tool.
- Simply copy the post’s permalink, paste it into the designated box
- Then click on ADD BUMPS button
How to Configure The Bump Tool
After you have added the posts, you can go to the Settings tab to configure how the Bump tool is going to execute its actions.
1. You can choose to execute bumps randomly or on fixed hours.
✅ If “fixed hour is selected”, options 2-5 on the image above will not be visible since they will not be applicable in said case.
2. The number of minutes the tool will wait before the tool will consider bumping the post
3. Specify the number of seconds that the bump tool will wait before it executes a new bump
4. You can set the number of posts that will be bumped per operation. The number is randomly chosen between X-Y.
5. Pick the in-between time when the tool will execute the bump action.
6. Select the days when you want to bump your posts. You can opt to rotate the days.
💡 SU Social operates by selecting a rotating number of days based on the initial amount specified by the user; the selection process is randomized and the option to exclude weekends from the rotation is available, allowing users to opt out of bumping posts on Saturdays and Sundays.
7. Set the number of times you want to bump the same post.
8. Decide on what percentage of received posts will be bumped.
9. Whenever a post is bumped, a random comment is made on the post. You have the option to indicate the comment it will use. In addition, you can select not to delete the first comment.
10. You can opt to limit the bump action to group posts.
11. Specify the groups where you want your posts to be bumped or you can opt to bump on all groups.
Lastly, all resulting bumps are recorded and can be viewed through the Results tab.
In conclusion, the Bump tool is a helpful feature for Facebook group users who want to increase the reach and engagement of their posts. The tool works by adding and then deleting a comment on the post, causing it to move to the top of the group’s feed and become more visible to members. The Bump tool can be added to posts through a variety of methods, including automatic addition after publishing, manual permalink addition, or by selecting posts from the history tab. The tool also offers a range of customization options, including execution time, number of bumps per operation, days of the week for bumping, and the use of comments on bumped posts. The results of the bumping can be viewed in the Results tab.