Instagram – Automatic Email Verification
Just like any other social media platform, Instagram places a high value on maintaining an organic community and personal interaction among its members. To ensure this, they may periodically require users to verify their accounts via email or phone.
When you first add your account to SuSocial, you may receive an EMAIL CONFIRMATION status. Also, the account might switch from the VALID status to said status several times. This is triggered by factors such as changes in the IP address/proxy location, multiple logins using one account, or using a newly installed computer and browser.
While email verification is a simple process, it can be a tedious task when managing multiple accounts. It’s difficult to predict when the Email Validation might occur, but with SuSocial, you can automate the email verification process to ensure your accounts are always verified when needed.
SuSocial Automatic Email Verification
Setting up the Email Validation tab
- To get started with email verification in SuSocial, the first step is to set up the Email Validation tab for your account. To do this, go to the SOCIAL PROFILES view, click on the name of the account you want to verify, and then navigate to the Email Validation tab.
- To set up email verification for your SuSocial account, you will need to input the following information in the Email Validation tab:
- Email/Username: This is the email address associated with your SuSocial account.
- Password: The password you use to access your email account.
- IMAP/POP3 server: This field may be blank for certain email providers, such as Gmail, Yahoo, Rediffmail, and Mail.ru.
- Port: The default port number is 993, but this may vary depending on your email provider.
💡 If you are using an email provider that is not mentioned above, you may need to search the web to find the correct IMAP/POP3 server information for your account.
- Once you have entered the necessary information into the Email Validation tab, you can click on the “Test IMAP/POP3” button to check if the information is valid or not. If the server is not valid, it may indicate that the information you provided is incorrect or that there are additional steps required to enable email verification for your account. In this case, you may need to double-check the information you entered or consult your email provider’s knowledge base.
**Extra steps that might be needed for validation:
➡ For Gmail Accounts:
- if 2-Step Verification is Off – Enable less secure apps for IMAP to work – To do so, please visit this link: https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps
- if 2-Step Verification is On – Add an app password and use that as IMAP password – To do so, please visit this link:https://security.google.com/settings/security/apppasswords
➡ For Yahoo Accounts:
– Enable less secure apps for IMAP to work – To do so, please visit this link: https://login.yahoo.com/account/security
➡ For Rediffmail Accounts:
– POP3 will be used as they do not support IMAP. Specify just the email and password.
➡ For iCloud Accounts:
– Generate an app-specific password for IMAP – To do so, please visit this link: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202304
Automating Email Verification Process
- To enable the automatic email verification, please go to SETTINGS > Social Platforms > Instagram > Automatic Actions tab > Automatically email verify account when needed.
You have a few options to control the automatic email verification process:
- Wait between X – Y before verifying the account: Use this option to control when the auto email verification starts after an account gets EMAIL CONFIRMATION status. Keeping at least the default values is recommended.
- Wait between X – Y minutes after verifying the account: Use this option if you want the account to switch to VALID status X – Y minutes after it is email verified. Leave it to 0 – 0 if you want the account to go straight to VALID status after email verification.
- Reset device ids if needed: Sometimes Instagram blocks the device, and the only way to verify the account is to switch it. Use this option if that’s the case.
- Use the Embedded Browser to email verify: Check this option if you want the automatic email verification done with the Embedded Browser instead of the API.
- Auto email verify only accounts with specific tag names: Check this option if you want to auto email verify only accounts with a tag you specify. You can add multiple tags separated by commas.