How to publish a post to your blogs via SuSocial
It’s possible that some users manage multiple blogs and web 2.0 properties that require time-consuming updates and lack scheduling options. However, SuSocial offers a solution through its Social Profile feature, which allows users to add an Email profile, add posts through email addresses, and schedule updates for all their blogs and web 2.0s.
For those who do not currently have blogs, now is an ideal time to start building one. In addition, creating a few web 2.0 and blog sites can prove advantageous by linking back to your main site and increasing its visibility in search engines.
Where To Start Your Blog?
To embark on any journey, it’s essential to start somewhere. Below is a list of recommended starting points for creating a blog:
- If you have a blog on the WordPress platform, use it as a starting point.
- Consider creating a free blog on https://wordpress.com/.
- Another option is to create a free blog on https://www.blogger.com, which is owned by Google and provides an excellent opportunity to promote your links.
- https://www.typepad.com is a paid blog platform, but you can create a 14-day free account and downgrade to the free tier, which allows you to have a lifetime free blog with some design limitations, but easy posting via email.
- http://edublogs.org/ is a blogging platform that relies on the WordPress platform.
- http://www.livejournal.com/ is another platform to consider.
- http://postach.io is a platform that allows you to create blog posts from your notes.
- Lastly, https://www.diigo.com/ offers an excellent opportunity to create a blog and share content.
There are numerous WordPress blogs that allow posting through email, providing users with an extensive list of options. Additionally, SuSocial’s Email profile feature enables users to post content to other platforms such as:
- Facebook groups (if the group’s secret email is known)
- Flickr (for image posting)
- Short videos can also be posted to YouTube.
These features open up exciting new possibilities for scheduling posts and freeing up more tim
The Email profile feature in SuSocial allows users to post content to their blogs through email. Here are some of its functions and limitations:
- The email title becomes the title of the post.
- Images cannot be inserted into the text, but can be attached to the post and placed at the beginning or end, depending on the blog platform.
- Advanced formatting options are not yet available, but plain text can be used, and links will be clickable.
However, users need to be mindful of the following limitations:
- Avoid spamming the blog platforms, as they have spam controls that could result in blog deletion.
- Keep a low profile to maintain long-term, auto-updated blogs.
How To Add An Email Profile In SuSocial?
To start, navigate to the Social Profiles section and select “Add profile”. Then, choose the Email platform from the list of options.
The Email profile will be utilized to send emails to all platforms that accept posts via email. This profile can be linked to any email account that allows SMTP posting. While Gmail is the default option, you can also use other email providers such as cPanel or any other provider you prefer. Here’s an example of what the Email profile looks like:
Here are some important points to keep in mind when using Gmail:
- It’s advisable to create a separate Gmail account specifically for this purpose, instead of using your personal one.
- You may need to grant permission to SuSocial to send emails on your behalf. Check your Gmail inbox for the instructions on how to do this.
- If you have enabled 2-step verification for your account, you can click on the link provided in SuSocial to allow it to post for you.
How To Use Email Profile To Post?
- Once you have set up the Email social account with a VALID status, you can use it to post similar to any other platform.
- To add the email addresses where this profile will send the posts, go to the Pages tab on the top of the Email social profile. The added emails will now be listed as pages, as shown in this example:
To post on the blogs using these emails, you must first create a Destination List that includes the blogs you want to post on. The Pages/Boards column will display all the emails you’ve added.
This process is identical to posting on other social media platforms. You can attach images to your posts, but it’s best to conduct 1-2 tests on each blog to determine how they handle the images and where they place them (at the beginning, end, etc.).
In conclusion, creating a successful blog takes time, dedication, and effort. However, with the right tools and resources, such as SuSocial’s Email profile feature, managing multiple blogs and web 2.0 properties can be made easier and more efficient. By utilizing the recommended starting points for creating a blog and understanding the Email profile feature’s functions and limitations, users can save time and focus on creating quality content. With these tips, users can take the first step towards building a successful online presence and increasing their visibility in search engines.