How To Fix “Invalid Credentials” For Instagram
If you find yourself facing the “Invalid Credentials” error on Instagram, fear not! In this article, we will explore several tried-and-tested solutions to help you validate your Instagram account in SuSocial. So, let’s dive in, learn about the possible causes of the error, and explore the steps you can take to resolve the “Invalid Credentials” issue.
Possible Reasons for “Invalid credentials”
When encountering the frustrating “Invalid Credentials” error on Instagram, there can be various reasons contributing to this issue. Let’s explore the potential causes behind this error message and understand why you might be facing difficulty logging into your account:
- Incorrect username or password entry: One of the most common reasons for encountering the “Invalid Credentials” error is simply entering the wrong username or password. It’s crucial to double-check the information you provide during the login process to ensure accuracy.
- Utilizing a proxy or IP address that has been blacklisted: Instagram employs security measures to protect user accounts, and one such measure involves blacklisting specific proxies or IP addresses. If you are using a proxy or IP address that has been blacklisted, it can trigger the “Invalid Credentials” error when attempting to log in.
- Creating the account using a blacklisted proxy or IP address: If your Instagram account was created while utilizing a blacklisted proxy or IP address, it can result in the “Invalid Credentials” error when trying to log in. Instagram’s security systems may associate the account with suspicious activity due to its origin from a blacklisted source.
- Instagram detecting suspicious activities on the account: Instagram is vigilant in safeguarding its platform from fraudulent activities and account breaches. Therefore, if any unusual or suspicious activities are detected on your account, it may trigger the “Invalid Credentials” error as a precautionary measure to protect your account’s integrity.
- Attempting to log in from a new device or IP address: When logging into your Instagram account from a device or IP address that is not recognized or associated with your account, it can raise security concerns. In such cases, Instagram may display the “Invalid Credentials” error as an additional security measure.
How To Fix “Invalid Credentials”
In the upcoming sections, we will present a range of solutions for you to try, offering potential remedies to resolve this error:
In this solution, we recommend utilizing the embedded browser in SuSocial to change the account password. To proceed, please click on the BROWSE button, which will open the embedded browser. Once the browser is open, click on the “FORGOT PASSWORD” option. It is important to make a note of the new password in a text file or notepad for future reference.
After successfully changing the password, go back to the SuSocial interface and replace the old password with the newly set one. Finally, click on the VERIFY ACCOUNT button to complete the process.
As part of this solution, we propose attempting to log in to the account from an external browser such as Chrome or Firefox. If successful, please follow the steps outlined below:
1. Install the Chrome extension by visiting this URL on your Chrome browser: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/cookie-editor/hlkenndednhfkekhgcdicdfddnkalmdm.
2.Log in to your account using the Chrome browser.
3. Locate the Cookie-Editor icon positioned next to the address bar and click on it. Then, choose the “Export” option (refer to screenshot 1) to automatically copy the cookies to your clipboard.
4. Open a new text file or notepad and paste the cookies into it. Save the file using the format “accountusername_Instagram.txt”.
5. In the Social Profiles tab, select the desired account for which you want to import the cookies. Scroll down to the Cookies section and click on “Import” (refer to the screenshot below). Choose the previously saved file. Ensure the file is closed before importing.
6. After importing the cookies, please make sure to check the option below in the Advanced Profile Settings:
7. Now, click VERIFY ACCOUNT button to verify the account and see how it goes.
If none of the previously mentioned solutions have proven successful in resolving the issue, we recommend implementing a temporary halt on the account for a duration of 24 hours before attempting another login. By taking this step, you allow the account to undergo a period of rest, which can potentially address any underlying glitches or technical difficulties causing the “Invalid Credentials” error.
During this 24-hour period, it is advisable to refrain from any login attempts or further troubleshooting measures. This pause provides an opportunity for the Instagram platform to recalibrate and reset any potential restrictions or account-specific issues that might be contributing to the persistent error.
If the issue persists, please contact support for further assistance.
In conclusion, this article has provided a range of solutions to help resolve the “Invalid Credentials” error on Instagram. By following the suggested steps, such as checking login information, utilizing different browsers, resetting device IDs, changing passwords, or reaching out to support, you can increase your chances of regaining access to your account. Remember to be patient and persistent in troubleshooting the issue.